Here is my latest shoe investment. These are from River Island (€47) and are so comfy. I needed something cool but comfy for the styling sessions I will be giving in Cork’s Opera Lane tomorrow from 12 noon. Pop along and see fashion shows produced by Lockdown Models at 12, 2 and 4pm and then have a browse around the great selection of shops (Topshop, New Look, Gap, Kuyichi, Olny, Vila, H&M, River Island, Next, Tommy Hilfiger and lot’s more!) where you can get the lowdown on all my darkest styling tips! I’ll also be running through all the latest Spring/Summer trends before each fashion show! The weather forecast is good so for all my Cork based readers, come in and say HI!
I’m still winding down from London Fashion Week and no sooner than I was home, I launched myself into a new fashion filled week. There is no end to the cycle and seasonality of style. So I’ve put together a little summary of what you need to know from the last week (or two or three)
A brand reborn
Do you remember the time when everyone wore Caterpillar boots? Back in the late 90s, when TLC rocked the baggy jean and Cats look? Ok well maybe you’re not as old as me then! A well established brand that made high quality footwear with an industrial twist was a fashion fad and now they are back with one huge JCB and digger size bang! Superstar singer Shontelle (“Nothing feels right when I’m not with you, sick of this dress and these Jimmy Choos”…) was in London last week to sign her name for fans at Schuh, Oxford St. Strutting her way around town in these booties, looking all fab.
No more rumaging…
TK Maxx have just launched a new range called “Gold Label” in Dublin this week, introducing some amazing designers to the store, like Stella McCartney and Michael Kors.
No longer will you have to rumage for that designer steal, now they are marked there for your viewing and purchasing pleasure.
Some of my favourites are this Chloe Green Tote (€829.99) and a Michael Kors leather jacket (€129.99). Pop along on your lunch break and bring your credit card.
New looks at New Look
Following the stellar success of the opening of it’s flagship store in Dublin’s city centre, New Look’s popularity goes from strength to strength. Following the key trend for Spring/Summer of a colour splash, check out tgreat pieces at great prices, like this soft orange mini dress.
The stylenation.ie team are busy editing our filming from London Fashion Week. First up is the super and sophisticated collection from Paul Costello for A/W 2011. Minis, tartan, metallics-an eclectic mix of colours and textures made this collection bold and confident. Later in the week, stylenation will bring you my chat with Paul about the collection and some feedback from the peeps on the front row!
Posted in Fashion, Fashion Designers, Fashion Shows, fashion week
Tagged Autumn Winter 2011 trends, Caterpillar boots, Chloe, Colour trends for Spring Summer, contemporary fashion, Ireland fashion#, Irish fashion blogs, Ladies clothing, London Fashion, London Fashion Week, Michael Kors, New Look, Paul Costello, Schuh, Shontelle, Stella McCartney, style blogs, stylenation.ie, TK Maxx Gold Label
Antique @ A|wear
Get set for a trip down memory lane with the arrival of A|wear’s new collection, Antique. Hitting down instores & online from next week, it’s a mix of the glamour of the 20’s, make do of the 40’s and peace and love of the 70’s all offset with a real vintage charm. A soft neutral colour palette is key with various shades of nude & a scattering of vintage prints seen across must have pieces.
Skirts & Dresses
· 40’s style tea dresses & soft waterfall ruffle skirts are wardrobe staples…perfect with wellies & a cute trilby for any festival this summer!
· Lace makes an appearance and will be seen across petticoats and flippy minis in taupe neutral and rose coloured shades
· A little dip dye will also be seen on printed chiffon skirts as folky prints are mixed with a deep wine colour palette
Blouses, Tops & Knitwear
· Ruffle georgette blouses with pussy bows and printed silk camis are must haves worn with cigarette style cropped pants
· Vintage sequins & embellishment feature across most styles but in a muted dulled down version
· The bobble knit cardi and ladylike tweedy knits also make for the perfect addition to your antique wardrobe, perfect worn with skinny faded blue denims or the denim short for the more daring girl
· Printed bloomers are particularly cute in this collection and when styled up with the faux fur cropped jacket it oozes vintage charm
· Accessories are definitely vintage in style with rosette printed taupe clutch bags and soft leather cross body styles
· Floral prints are key on bags with envelope style clutches taking centre stage
· Belts are skinny and fitted and definitely made for accentuating the waist
The full Antique collection launches on www.awear.com & instores from next week!
It’s A-wear Wexford’s first birthday and they are doing loads to celebrate….
Guests on the night will be treated to:
20% off all full price purchases
Free drinks courtesy of Bulmers Light
Gosh makeovers courtesy of the GOSH style team
Hot sounds from our resident DJ
Amazing goody bags for the first 200 guests to register!
Entry is by invite only so make sure to get your name on the list ASAP!
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name & A-wear will let you know if you’ve made the cut.
See www.awear.com for t’s & c’s or ask instore for details